The use of higher grade steels in oil and gas pipeline construction is creating the need for a new generation of specialist Impact Testers. Qualitest offer a range of Drop Weight Tear Testers (DWTT) for measuring the fracture characteristics of steel specimens according to API recommended practice 5L3, EN 10274, ASTM-E 436 and ‘Pellini’. Steel grades of X120 and specimens of up to 50mm can be accommodated.
Very robust construction stands up to the rigours of high energy testing to provide high reliability with a minimum of downtime
- State-of-the-art testing offering impact energies up to 100,000J
- Very high levels of safety employing multiple redundant systems, compliant with 89/392/EEC and 91/368/EEC machinery safety directives
- Automated specimen loading provides compliance with cycle times required by test methods, while maintaining operator safety
- High quality, easy to use control software ensures consistency and enhances throughput
- Responsive life-time technical support
- Optional high quality instrumentation allows the crack initiation and propagation energies for the specimen to be determined, providing a much better indicator of the in-use performance of the steel.
- Optional high-speed, fully integrated video system to enable visualization of specimen failure mode
Qualitest is a global contender and one of the top-ranking manufacturers and suppliers of testing technologies worldwide. For our Drop Weight Tear Testers Qualitest works with Imatek who is a UK based manufacturer of specialist materials testing equipment primarily in the field of impact testing. Imatek has extensive experience of testing within the steel industry and our products are used by a number of the world’s leading steel producers.