BS-1881-207, ASTM: C-4541 and ACI:503-30
The bonding strengths of a wide and varied range of materials including concrete, screeds, repair mortars, epoxy resin coatings, laminates, plastics, paints and enamels may be accurately determined using Qualitest's Material Bond Tester.
This technically advanced, accurate instrument is suitable for use in the laboratory, workshop and on site.
Adequate direct tensile strength or bonding strength between two layers is important if repairs to concrete structures or additional overlays and screeding on existing concrete is to be structurally sound. The pull-off test as a means of projecting the compressive strength of concrete and other materials involves bonding a circular steel disc to the surface by means of an epoxy resin adhesive. A controlled tensile force is then applied to the disc, and as the strength of the bond is greater than that of the material under stress it will eventually fail in tension. From the area of the disc an the force applied at failure it is possible to calculate a nominal tensile strength for the material.
- Using a coring bit for either 3 inch (75mm) or 2 inch (50mm) cores, make a notch or kerf in the material to be tested, drilling through the bond interface. This defines the area to be tested.
- Using a standard quick epoxy adhesive (not supplied with the kit) attach a steel disc on the defined test area.
- Set the bond test alignment plate over the defined test area and level the plate by adjusting the legs.
- Attach the puller and turn the hand operated ratchet wrench until failure occurs.
- The steel discs can be re-used and cleaned using a suitable solvent.
Qualitest's Bond Tester Kit consists of:
- Hand operated puller.
- 0 - 25kN calibrated gauge with maximum load indicator and viscose damping mechanism to protect against sudden load release.
- Adjustable alignment plate with built-in levelling facility.
- Pull bolt with coupling.
- 10pcs three inch (75mm) diameter steel discs, 0.8in. (20mm) thick.
- 10pcs two inch (50mm) diameter steel discs, 0.8in. (20mm) thick.
- Padded steel carrying case.
Features & Benefits
- Accurate bond strength of repair mortars, epoxy resin, laminates, overlays, and other coatings.
- Calibrated gauge with maximum load indicator.
- Viscose damping mechanism to protect against sudden load release.
- Adjustable alignment plate with built in levelling facility.
- Compact design.
- Easy to use.
- Conforms to BS-1881-207, ASTM: C-4541 and ACI:503-30.
|Part #||Description||Unit Price|
|BondTesterKit||JAMES BOND TESTER
Scope of Supply: Hand operated puller, 0 - 25kN calibrated gauge with maximum load indicator and viscose damping mechanism to protect against sudden load release, Adjustable alignment plate with built-in levelling facility, Pull bolt with coupling, 10pcs three inch (75mm) diameter steel discs, 0.8in. (20mm) thick, 10pcs two inch (50mm) diameter steel discs, 0.8in. (20mm) thick, Padded steel carrying case.
|$ 2825.00 US|
|BK-25||Two Inch (50 mm) Dia Steel Discs (1 unit)||$ 45.00 US|
|BK-26||Three Inch (75 mm) Dia. Steel Discs (1 unit)||$ 45.00 US|
Optional accessories and spares:
|BKG-5||5k Gauge||$ 300.00 US|
|BKG-10||10k Gauge||$ 300.00 US|
|BKG-20||20k Gauge||$ 300.00 US|
|BKG-25||25k Gauge||$ 300.00 US|
|BK-13||Oil Replenish Bottle||$ 70.00 US|
|BK-AP||Alignment Plate||$ 130.00 US|