The SAFT instrument is used to test Heat-Fail Temperature in Shear of Hot Melt Adhesives. Weights are attached to the shear samples and the temperature is increased with a controlled rate until the samples fail. The ES 07 can test 6 samples simultaneously and a timer for each test station records the time to failure.
The new model has an improved sensor system for detecting the sample failure which works with small loads down to 100 g. Six sets of weights, with 100 g 500 g and 1 kg are included.
Tests can be performed according to ASTM D 4498 in the ES 07.
- The casing consists of steel, painted with powder paint in bluegreen colour.
- The inner chamber is made of stainless steel
- Temperature controller with 0.1°C setpoint.
- Solid state relay for safe control.
- Fixed over temperature fuse at 450 °C.
- Temperature controlled cooling fan for the electronics cabinet.
- Run-time meter
Technical Specifications of Shear Adhesion Failure Tester - ES 07
|Temperature Range||100 – 370 °C (can be re-programmed for 40-370°C )|
40 - 100 °C
101 - 370 °C
± 2 °C
|Temperature ramp:||10°C/min (max) Preset as 10 °C/3 min then 5 min pause to next 10 °C step.|
|No. of test stations:||6|
|Temperature sensor:||Pt 100, 1/3 DIN|
|Dimensions, internal, w x h x d:||350mm x 400mm x 300mm|
|Dimensions, external, w x h x d:||600mm x 550mm x 450mm|
|Voltage:||220V-240V / 1 / 50|